Cart 0 items: $0.00

WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects.  For more information go to

2016 Chardonnay Zayante Vineyard

2016 Chardonnay Zayante Vineyard
Out of Stock
Add To Cart
Out of Stock
Wine Specs
Santa Cruz Mountains
Harvest Date
September 3rd, 2016
23.5 Brix
25% New French Oak
Native Yeast
Bottling Date
August 2017
Alcohol %
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
The wine exhibits classic cool climate aromas of of just ripened asian pear, green apple, lemon pith, fresh white flowers and wet stone. On the palate the wine is medium bodied and bright with freshness and has flavors of lemon zest, crushed stones, yellow apple core and a hint of green tropical fruit rind. This wine very drinkable and refreshing now yet will continue to develop in a positive direction for another 2-3 years, the wines peak should be about 2019-2021. Try not to drink this wine too cold! Serve in Burgundy stems at about 55 (cellar temp) degrees for its true personality to show.
Vineyard Notes
Located in the Upper Zayante area of the Santa Cruz Mountains and planted in 1988 on a southwest facing slope at 1,100 to 1,300 feet. The vineyard is own-rooted, dry farmed, and certified organic. Sandstone and loamy soils with plantings of Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Syrah, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Barbera and Grenache. We consider Zayante Vineyard one of the most treasured partnerships. Greg Nolton is a very skilled farmer. His vines are dry farmed and everything is organic. Greg grows his vines using old world methods that many modern day vintners may frown upon, but for us it is magic. The wines come out so expressive of his site that it is quite stunning, and the dry farming leads to unparalleled intensity.
205 cases

Product Reviews

Matthew Sundt's Gravatar
Matthew Sundt
(Sep 29, 2019 at 8:03 AM)
I generally like the steely, grassy chardonnays and will typically snub the oakies. However, the 2016 Zayante Vineyard chardonnay is aged in 25% new French oak barrels (what of the other 75%?) and that did not result in buttery texture and softness. This wine suited me very well. The oak did no overpower the sandstone infused quality of this wine. I say buy this now!! Who knows what 2017 or 2018 vintage will do.

Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product
Leave this field blank:

Beauregard Vineyards Newsletter

Sign up for our occasional email and get 10% of your first order. Be the first to receive limited offers and stay up to date on upcoming events.

Newsletter Signup Form

Opt into mailing list
Leave this field blank: